Forums/Armchair-GM

He stay

Créé par: SammyT_51
Date de création initiale: sep 13, 2019
Publié: Sep 13 at 4:18 pm
Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Explications
around 9.5-10.5x6 deal is gonna be done very soon. Matthews would be captain.
Rachats de contrats
  • Mikhail Grabovski: 0 $
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
  • Phil Kessel: 1 200 000 $ (15%)
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
TOR
CBJ
TOR
VGK
TOR
CAR
COL
EDM
SJS
STL
WPG
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2881 500 000 $85 347 199 $0 $0 $-3 847 199 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
TOR
Johnsson, Andreas
3 400 000 $
AG
UFA - 4
TOR
Matthews, Auston
11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
TOR
Nylander, William
6 962 366 $
AD, C
UFA - 5
TOR
Hyman, Zach
2 250 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 2
TOR
Tavares, John
11 000 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
TOR
Horton, Nathan
5 300 000 $
AD
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Mikheyev, Ilya
925 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
TOR
Kerfoot, Alexander
3 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
TOR
Clarkson, David
5 250 000 $
AD
NMC NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Petan, Nicolas
775 000 $
AG, AD, C
RFA - 2
TOR
Shore, Nick
750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
TOR
Kapanen, Kasperi
3 200 000 $
AD
RFA - 3
TOR
Agostino, Kenny
737 500 $
AG
UFA - 2
TOR
Spezza, Jason
700 000 $
C, AD
NTC
UFA - 1
TOR
Moore, Trevor
775 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 2
TOR
Gauthier, Frédérik
675 000 $
C
RFA - 1
TOR
Åberg, Pontus
700 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
TOR
Rielly, Morgan
5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
TOR
Ceci, Cody
4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
TOR
Andersen, Frederik
5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 2
TOR
Muzzin, Jake
4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
TOR
Barrie, Tyson
2 750 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
TOR
Hutchinson, Michael
700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
TOR
Dermott, Travis
863 333 $
DG
RFA - 1
TOR
Schmaltz, Jordan
700 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
TOR
Harpur, Ben
725 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
TOR
Holl, Justin
675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
TOR
Marincin, Martin
700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 sep à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: jui 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,852
Quoting: Jamiepo
Well listen here Mr. Sunshine and rainbows.., what happen to 9.5-10.5m???

😢
Jamiepo et blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
14 sep à 14 h 26
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,619
Quoting: CBJ4CUP
And to point out you never said 6years at 10.5, you might said 10.5 at 7 or 8 years but never 6, so get out of your dream world

Okay there bud, I know you want to spin this like you are so smart and we are all stupid and the Leafs are doomed but you aren't accomplishing your mission here. This is close to what I suspected over 5 years around 10.5 million is what I predicted. Hoping it would be less than 10 but I doubted it. Spin whatever you want, you just sound like some little man who wants to feel big.
14 sep à 20 h 41
Rejoint: jui 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 142
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Okay there bud, I know you want to spin this like you are so smart and we are all stupid and the Leafs are doomed but you aren't accomplishing your mission here. This is close to what I suspected over 5 years around 10.5 million is what I predicted. Hoping it would be less than 10 but I doubted it. Spin whatever you want, you just sound like some little man who wants to feel big.

Im not saying im smart, im just saying your dumb... and the more u refuse to admit it the more u show
15 sep à 0 h 25
Im not saying im smart, im just saying your dumb... and the more u refuse to admit it the more u show

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1397119

Got the term right and was under a million off. Do you want me to find others?
15 sep à 10 h 06
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1397119

Got the term right and was under a million off. Do you want me to find others?

Buddy this is you quote on quote ready?

"no way paul or mitch win this, they have ZERO leverage"..

sit the **** down
15 sep à 10 h 50
Buddy this is you quote on quote ready?

"no way paul or mitch win this, they have ZERO leverage"..

sit the **** down

He wanted 5 year term or a massive QO he didn't get either. He took 6 year term.
15 sep à 11 h 15
He wanted 5 year term or a massive QO he didn't get either. He took 6 year term.

LMAOOOO, youre so stubborn... imagine thinking him taking 6 years instead of 5... is marner losing her negotiations
15 sep à 11 h 49
LMAOOOO, youre so stubborn... imagine thinking him taking 6 years instead of 5... is marner losing her negotiations

Less money for more term, the Leafs wanted 7 or 8 years so it was a negotiation that ended in the middle. You are just a good that wants to feel like you stuck it to Leaf fans. You didn't, you're sounding like a joke, especially insulting someone who was pretty close on the actual contract. When someone predicts 6 years around 10 million and he signs for 6 years at just under 11 saying "hahaha you idiot you were so far off." Is a huge joke. You guys were adamant he was getting Matthews deal or a huge overpay on a long term deal, as in 12+ million, that didn't happen but because some stupid fans were adamant he would sign for less than 9 you group everyone in that. You're a joke and a troll and you lost this one.
15 sep à 12 h 33
Less money for more term, the Leafs wanted 7 or 8 years so it was a negotiation that ended in the middle. You are just a good that wants to feel like you stuck it to Leaf fans. You didn't, you're sounding like a joke, especially insulting someone who was pretty close on the actual contract. When someone predicts 6 years around 10 million and he signs for 6 years at just under 11 saying "hahaha you idiot you were so far off." Is a huge joke. You guys were adamant he was getting Matthews deal or a huge overpay on a long term deal, as in 12+ million, that didn't happen but because some stupid fans were adamant he would sign for less than 9 you group everyone in that. You're a joke and a troll and you lost this one.

Lmao buddy do you wanna look at your past threads.. you were legit the biggest guy to say marner will never get what he wants.. in which he got an extremely player friendly deal....

And if it was long term it would 12+ mil... just based of math, but we are already aware you cant do math
15 sep à 12 h 43
Lmao buddy do you wanna look at your past threads.. you were legit the biggest guy to say marner will never get what he wants.. in which he got an extremely player friendly deal....

And if it was long term it would 12+ mil... just based of math, but we are already aware you cant do math

I literally have you an example where I got the term right and was off by less than a million. Where have I said he was going to get some amazing deal with term and less money. I've said from the get go when people talk about comparables that it doesn't matter cause the market is evolving. I know you like chirping leaf fans but at least have a clue what they have said before going off and making yourself look like a moron.
15 sep à 13 h 22
Mentions "j'aime": 1,314
I literally have you an example where I got the term right and was off by less than a million. Where have I said he was going to get some amazing deal with term and less money. I've said from the get go when people talk about comparables that it doesn't matter cause the market is evolving. I know you like chirping leaf fans but at least have a clue what they have said before going off and making yourself look like a moron.

I come to this site sometimes just to follow the p*ssing contests. This has been a fun one so far. .

Not to jump in out of turn but wanted to pick up on something you put down, Logan.

I'd agree that the market is evolving, but would say that comparables will always matter..

Right now, I kinda have this sinking feeling that the Toronto market is evolving in a different direction than the rest of the league. That has more to do with the leafs context than it does with Dubas and co. imo.

Regardless, I dont see the other rfas coming close to getting what Marner pulled down. My guess is that they'll line up closer to historical league comparables. Or they'll sit.
15 sep à 13 h 56
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
I come to this site sometimes just to follow the p*ssing contests. This has been a fun one so far. .

Not to jump in out of turn but wanted to pick up on something you put down, Logan.

I'd agree that the market is evolving, but would say that comparables will always matter..

Right now, I kinda have this sinking feeling that the Toronto market is evolving in a different direction than the rest of the league. That has more to do with the leafs context than it does with Dubas and co. imo.

Regardless, I dont see the other rfas coming close to getting what Marner pulled down. My guess is that they'll line up closer to historical league comparables. Or they'll sit.

Why? Because the whole leagues fan base wants it to be that way? Point and Rantanen haven't signed because they want more than they are being offered both will get a comparable deal to Marner because Draisaitl took such a big deal as did McDavid, Eichel and now Marner and Matthews. It's the new world.
15 sep à 14 h 01
Isles777
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 403
Why? Because the whole leagues fan base wants it to be that way? Point and Rantanen haven't signed because they want more than they are being offered both will get a comparable deal to Marner because Draisaitl took such a big deal as did McDavid, Eichel and now Marner and Matthews. It's the new world.

Rantanen will probably get 9.5 x 7. Btw Eichel, draisatl and McDavid all got 8 year deals.
blowing_the_zone a aimé ceci.
15 sep à 14 h 11
Quoting: Isles777
Rantanen will probably get 9.5 x 7. Btw Eichel, draisatl and McDavid all got 8 year deals.

Yeah and that was what 3 years ago now? It signaled a changing of the market and it's continuing to evolve. The thing is, star players will earn their contract. As long as Dubas keeps away from bad contracts for depth guys and vets then we'll be fine. Which he has done so far.
15 sep à 14 h 21
Modifié 15 sep à 14 h 56

No. Because that's the context in Toronto. It's a different set of circumstances.

Let's take Point, Tkachuk and Rantanen. Now imagine that their team had two more rfas each of the same caliber. Add a crazy local hockey media and market along with some dysfunctional hockey parents and Dubas and co did well to get all three signed.

Winnipeg might be the closest comparable in terms of young rfa talent and they already lost Trouba and the rumours wont stop with Laine.

What I'm saying is that Toronto had a bit of a unique situation. You could be right, maybe the rest of the rfas pull in crazy coin like Marner. But I doubt it. We'll see.
15 sep à 14 h 30
Isles777
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 403
Yeah and that was what 3 years ago now? It signaled a changing of the market and it's continuing to evolve. The thing is, star players will earn their contract. As long as Dubas keeps away from bad contracts for depth guys and vets then we'll be fine. Which he has done so far.

Ok, that doesn’t take away from the fact that Dubas has paid all three of his RFA like they were UFAs (he just caved to marner). It’s unlikely they’ll outplay their current contracts, but they’ll earn them for sure.

I said marner will get 11 x 6 ( i was 100k off) and I’ll stand by my statement that Colorado and TB will get their RFA on much better contracts
15 sep à 14 h 36
No. Because that's the context in Toronto. It's a different set of circumstances.

Let's take Point, Tkachuk and Rantanen. Now imagine that their team had two more rfas each of the same calibar. Add a crazy local hockey media and market along with some dysfunctional hockey parents and Dubas and co did well to get all three signed.

Winnipeg might be the closest comparable in terms of young rfa talent and they already lost Trouba and the rumours wont stop with Laine.

What I'm saying is that Toronto had a bit of a unique situation. You could be right, maybe the rest of the rfas pull in crazy coin like Marner. But I doubt it. We'll see.

The fans who think Rantanen is going to take less because McKinnon is underpaid are going to be disappointed. Same in Tampa, Point I would be surprised if he signed for less than Kucherov unless he takes less term. Look at other contracts, Skinner, Hayes and others are driving up the cost. The problem with Tampa is they have less cap space and bad contracts.
15 sep à 14 h 37
Ok, that doesn’t take away from the fact that Dubas has paid all three of his RFA like they were UFAs (he just caved to marner). It’s unlikely they’ll outplay their current contracts, but they’ll earn them for sure.

I said marner will get 11 x 6 ( i was 100k off) and I’ll stand by my statement that Colorado and TB will get their RFA on much better contracts

Yup because TO is the only team that has to pay their players everywhere else will get home town discounts. That is solid logic.
15 sep à 14 h 45
Modifié 15 sep à 14 h 57

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that. My guess is that Nylanders contract is gonna look pretty good moving forward. AM got paid like a generational talent, and my guess is that he will make good on it.

Marner is a massive overpay, and I think he'll have the decked stacked against him to actually earn the value of that contract relative to what his rfa comparables end up producing given the contracts they end up getting.

But who coulda predicted how Marner and his camp went about negotiating the deal he got? I mean, they seemed to be hell bent on risking destroying his value as a player and repuation as a person in order to satisfy their egos.

He'll have his work cut out for himself in order to prove that he should be getting paid like a top 5 player in the league. Maybe he is as good as he thinks he is? We'll see..
15 sep à 14 h 51
The fans who think Rantanen is going to take less because McKinnon is underpaid are going to be disappointed. Same in Tampa, Point I would be surprised if he signed for less than Kucherov unless he takes less term. Look at other contracts, Skinner, Hayes and others are driving up the cost. The problem with Tampa is they have less cap space and bad contracts.

It's possible. The other side of the coin is that if Rantanen and Point think they're going to get Marner's contract not only could they end up being disappointed, they could also end up sitting.

FWIW. I don't see any of the remaining rfas getting close to what Marner got. Mostly cause I don't see them or their reps acting the way Marner's camp did.
15 sep à 14 h 54
It's possible. The other side of the coin is that if Rantanen and Point think they're going to get Marner's contract not only could they end up being disappointed, they could also end up sitting.

FWIW. I don't see any of the remaining rfas getting close to what Marner got. Mostly cause I don't see them or their reps acting the way Marner's camp did.

Colorado doesn't have the depth TO does, Rantanen is more important to the AVS offense than Marner is in TO. I'd say Point is as well.
15 sep à 15 h 01
Colorado doesn't have the depth TO does, Rantanen is more important to the AVS offense than Marner is in TO. I'd say Point is as well.

Yup, I'll agree with that. Both Point and Rantanen are more important to their teams than Marner is to the leafs. And neither of them will get paid as well as Mitch... that's my take.
15 sep à 15 h 10
Yup, I'll agree with that. Both Point and Rantanen are more important to their teams than Marner is to the leafs. And neither of them will get paid as well as Mitch... that's my take.

Just like everyone who wanted extra drama for TO, people who think Rantanen and Point are going to take cuts for the team are going to be disappointed
15 sep à 15 h 28
Just like everyone who wanted extra drama for TO, people who think Rantanen and Point are going to take cuts for the team are going to be disappointed

I don't think they'll take cuts or discounts at all. I think they'll get the going rate for a star rfa. That said, I don't think they'll get close to the Marner contract.. because a) it's a massive overpay and b) there's been no indication to date that either of those guys are willing to act the way Marner's camp did.

I think Dubas overpaid Marner just to get the madness to stop. Can you imagine what a distraction he would have been to the team if he ended up in Europe? Can you imagine listening to Dreger for another year? My god! Think about that one for a bit...
15 sep à 20 h 16
I don't think they'll take cuts or discounts at all. I think they'll get the going rate for a star rfa. That said, I don't think they'll get close to the Marner contract.. because a) it's a massive overpay and b) there's been no indication to date that either of those guys are willing to act the way Marner's camp did.

I think Dubas overpaid Marner just to get the madness to stop. Can you imagine what a distraction he would have been to the team if he ended up in Europe? Can you imagine listening to Dreger for another year? My god! Think about that one for a bit...

So all the other RFA's were apparently waiting for Marner to set the market. And now they are all going to take substantially less money why? Why wait for the guy to set the mark, set the mark and then be like, "okay I'll take way less than that marker I was waiting for." They waited all this time for what then?

If that was the case they all would have signed by now.

I think in Rantanen's case, he is saying, "look, I've outscored Marner, for an 8 year deal which I am open too, its going to be 12 at least. It's a new world." That or he's going to get a monster back loaded 3 year deal that will come with a QO over 12 million. Same with Point, if he was going to take a much smaller deal, he would have already. He's much more important to Tampa than Marner is and he's better. For a longer term deal for him, its started ahead of Eichel. Its not being greedy, its understanding the market and these guys are going to be pulling weight on the ice and don't want to wait for big pay days when they are older and looking like they could decline.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Soumettre le sondage