Forums/Armchair-GM

Its a waiting game

Créé par: pharrow
Date de création initiale: sep 13, 2019
Publié: Sep 13 at 5:28 am
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Explications
ok to keep it simple. Cap goes up due to streaming rights like russia.
B. Schultz walks or is traded at TDL if they are out. They will get a good return for a player leaving anyway.
C. AG, probably isn't back unless he plays really well. Not holding my breath here. He too might be TDL
D. MP gets roughly 4, MM gets roughly 9.
E. McCann and Kahun depending how they play my guess is they even out to about 7.
F. JJ traded, makes sense.
G. Hornqvist on IR, If he can't play this year and the wheels are off, he goes LTIR with concussion. It's the only real choice. He'll be talked into it.
H. Young defense gets it's chance.

I have a sense this team is spinning it's tires for next year. It's a waiting game. They have nice young players, they need to come in and help. They added some new ones this year but something is just off.
Their cap hit really works out well after next year if they go this route and the younger guys can play. They need the youth to step up.
A player like BJorkqvist or Almeida needs to fill big shoes next year. Marino looks solid. POJ can fill the 3LD, They are one really good winger away. If a young guy can be that guy, or McCann Kahun don't make as much, they may have the cap space to find that guy.

That's where I see this going.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANNÉESCAP HIT
Pavlychev, Nikita2925 000 $
RFAANNÉESCAP HIT
Pettersson, Marcus84 000 000 $
Riikola, Juuso2950 000 $
Murray, Matt89 000 000 $
McCann, Jared63 500 000 $
Kahun, Dominik63 500 000 $
Transactions
PIT
    Don't ask for much. Maybe a late round pick or something. Marginal prospect coming back for contracts sake.
    DET
    1. Johnson, Jack
    Détails additionnels:
    Something else could be added here. Jarry, Simon, Nothing like a 1st round pick, just a prospect marginal player.
    Detroit will have holes on the blue line and need to fill while the prospects are developing.
    ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    PIT
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2183 000 000 $77 989 999 $0 $1 327 500 $5 010 001 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    PIT
    Guentzel, Jake
    6 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 4
    PIT
    Crosby, Sidney
    8 700 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    PIT
    Rust, Bryan
    3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    PIT
    McCann, Jared
    3 500 000 $
    AG, C
    RFA
    PIT
    Malkin, Evgeni
    9 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    PIT
    Kahun, Dominik
    3 500 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    RFA
    PIT
    Björkqvist, Kasper
    792 500 $
    AG
    RFA - 1
    PIT
    Bjugstad, Nick
    4 100 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    PIT
    Tanev, Brandon
    3 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    PIT
    Almeida, Justin
    809 166 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 2
    PIT
    Blueger, Teddy
    750 000 $
    C, AG
    RFA - 1
    PIT
    Aston-Reese, Zach
    1 000 000 $
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    PIT
    Dumoulin, Brian
    4 100 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    PIT
    Letang, Kris
    7 250 000 $
    DD
    NMC NTC
    UFA - 2
    PIT
    Murray, Matt
    9 000 000 $
    G
    RFA
    PIT
    Pettersson, Marcus
    4 000 000 $
    DG
    RFA
    PIT
    Marino, John
    925 000 $
    D
    RFA - 1
    PIT
    DeSmith, Casey
    1 250 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    PIT
    Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
    863 333 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    PIT
    Gudbranson, Erik
    4 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    PIT
    Riikola, Juuso
    950 000 $
    D
    RFA
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    PIT
    Hörnqvist, Patric
    5 300 000 $
    AD
    NTC
    UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    13 sep à 6 h 14
    Rejoint: jun 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 362
    I don't think Murray will get 9, somewhere in between 6 and 8 unless he has a Vezina level season, I love the Marino trade and such, but I'd rather have Guddy in the top 4 with MP, also Almeida shouldn't be on the 4th line... Let's just say he isn't defensively adept... Plus I think Hornqvist's love for the game let's him play at least another two years unless he gets a very large concussion and I'd try to keep Galch and run a third line of Almeida/other kid-Bjugs-Rust
    Jeuck75 a aimé ceci.
    13 sep à 6 h 26
    Jeuck75
    Rejoint: jui 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 54
    Murray should not be making 9mill, the highest I'd ever pay him is 5-6mill.
    13 sep à 8 h 42
    Démarrer sujet
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,291
    Quoting: AFOX10900
    I don't think Murray will get 9, somewhere in between 6 and 8 unless he has a Vezina level season, I love the Marino trade and such, but I'd rather have Guddy in the top 4 with MP, also Almeida shouldn't be on the 4th line... Let's just say he isn't defensively adept... Plus I think Hornqvist's love for the game let's him play at least another two years unless he gets a very large concussion and I'd try to keep Galch and run a third line of Almeida/other kid-Bjugs-Rust

The reason I put Murray at 9 is goalies have been cashing in lately. He's got 2 cups. It is what it is. I agree he could get less, but I wanted to be realistic on what this cap can look like and be less optimistic on it.

I agree on Almeida. He is actually the 13th skater here. It's kind of said in a sideways way. They are 1 winger short. An impact winger, which I mentioned. So I left that be with the 5 million cap as I don't know where that winger comes from. FA doesn't look great for wingers next season. Maybe via trade whatever. But it's clear they need a high impact guy and if AG isn't it, then who is?
    I am being honest when I say, I don't think AG is it. I think they took AG for cap reasons. Not because they intend to resign him. It makes the numbers work for AZ, the real prize was POJ.
    That's just my opinion.
    Either way, if you look here it's clear they are an impact winger short. Which makes Almeida the 13th guy. Bjorkqvist would be a 4th line guy here.
    But where exactly does that winger come from? Which is kind of the issue.
    I think this year is going to be spinning wheels. Next year is their opportunity to compete. The defense looks better here if these players pan out as they hope. Maybe they get assets from moving the two they move at TDL if they fall short. But something has to happen to make this team a contender. I think that's the story of this year.
    Maybe I'm wrong and AG does well. But I don't see it.
    Adding Kahun, McCann and Tanev really helps the top 9. But they are that 1 guy short. If it doesn't turn up, they are done. The rest of the team is there.
    AFOX10900 a aimé ceci.
    13 sep à 8 h 49
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: Jeuck75
    Murray should not be making 9mill, the highest I'd ever pay him is 5-6mill.

you realize he has 2 cups right? You realize he was one of the best goalies in the league last year at the end of the season?
    Look you can hate on him, but he's a damn good young goalie, and he's just hitting his prime. They are going to wrap him up long term. He's gonna cash in. Does he get 8, maybe. But Bob has no cups and he got 10.
    You have to ask yourself, what is Holtby going to get, what is Rask going to get?
    Holtby is already getting 6. He's going to be 30 and we all know he'll make more than 6 next year. I'm guessing in the 9-10 range much like Bob got.
    I think you take the age, the fact that the cap increases and you want a long term deal, and you are in the 8-9 range on him. I went high. I did. But that helps look at the cap honestly.
    13 sep à 10 h 11
    Jeuck75
    Quoting: pharrow
    you realize he has 2 cups right? You realize he was one of the best goalies in the league last year at the end of the season?
    Look you can hate on him, but he's a damn good young goalie, and he's just hitting his prime. They are going to wrap him up long term. He's gonna cash in. Does he get 8, maybe. But Bob has no cups and he got 10.
    You have to ask yourself, what is Holtby going to get, what is Rask going to get?
    Holtby is already getting 6. He's going to be 30 and we all know he'll make more than 6 next year. I'm guessing in the 9-10 range much like Bob got.
    I think you take the age, the fact that the cap increases and you want a long term deal, and you are in the 8-9 range on him. I went high. I did. But that helps look at the cap honestly.

Bob got 10 because he actually deserves it. He has 2 Vezina Trophys. Which speak louder than Murray a backup goalie at the time. Look at the timline, ever since Fleury left that team they haven't made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Murray is not an Elite goalie and not a even a top 15 goalie in this league
    13 sep à 11 h 26
    Démarrer sujet
    Bob got 10 because he actually deserves it. He has 2 Vezina Trophys. Which speak louder than Murray a backup goalie at the time. Look at the timline, ever since Fleury left that team they haven't made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Murray is not an Elite goalie and not a even a top 15 goalie in this league

That's just rubbish. 1st of all Bob is a playoff choker. Murray was solid, and he out performed MAF. He earned his spot.
    Just stop trolling. Murray was one of the best goaltenders in the league at the second half of the season. That's all there is to it. And their playoff issues have little to do with Murray and more to do with the rest of the team.
    13 sep à 12 h 15
    arky
    Rejoint: aoû 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 284
    Wings may have holes with vets not resigned, but they will use the cap space a lot better than taking on JJ contract. They are ridding themselves of bad deals for Ericsson, Daley and not so much, Green. They can use a lot of that to go fishing in F/A for far better.

This trade makes sense t Pen fans, not Wing fan's, as he is slow, no offense and we have had a lot of that and have turned a page.

You would have to add a big sweetener to get someone to take on that deal and they way he plays, now.
    13 sep à 12 h 16
    Jeuck75
    Quoting: pharrow
    That's just rubbish. 1st of all Bob is a playoff choker. Murray was solid, and he out performed MAF. He earned his spot.
    Just stop trolling. Murray was one of the best goaltenders in the league at the second half of the season. That's all there is to it. And their playoff issues have little to do with Murray and more to do with the rest of the team.

In order to be an Elite goalie, you need to be good all season not just parts!!
    13 sep à 16 h 33
    Démarrer sujet
    In order to be an Elite goalie, you need to be good all season not just parts!!

that's really easy to say when you aren't the one out there playing after concussions and hip injuries from people running into you.
    I'm sure it's much easier sitting on the sofa.
    Dude battled injury all last year and had to deal with the death of his father. But go on there keyboard warrior.
    Jeuck75 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Supprimer une option
    Soumettre le sondage