Forums/Armchair-GM

2C and Cap Fix

Créé par: connorthehun
Date de création initiale: jui 22, 2019
Publié: Jul 22 at 4:23 am
Équipe: 2019-20 Rangers de New York
Explications
Anisimov and Smith are a wash contract-wise, but Anisimov is obviously the better player, who can fill in as 2C (with his experience with Panarin) until one of the younger guys steps up (Chytil, Andersson, Howden).

Ottawa gets 2 young players (1 an RFA) in return for the swap. Honestly value is probably heavily in favor of Ottawa, but NYR needs the cap space and the veteran 2C.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANNÉESCAP HIT
Buchnevich, Pavel33 500 000 $
Deangelo, Anthony11 500 000 $
Lemieux, Brendan31 250 000 $
Lettieri, Vinni21 000 000 $
UFAANNÉESCAP HIT
Claesson, Fredrik1700 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Anisimov, Artem
  2. 2020 4e round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav
  2. Strome, Ryan
  3. Smith, Brendan
Rachats de contrats
  • Dan Girardi: 3 611 111 $
  • Ryan Spooner: 300 000 $
  • Brad Richards: 0 $
Brûlé
  • Matt Beleskey: 825 000 $ (1 900 000 $)
ANNÉE DE REPÊCHAGERONDE 1RONDE 2RONDE 3RONDE 4RONDE 5RONDE 6RONDE 7
NYR
NYR
DAL
NYR
OTT
NYR
NYR
NYR
NSH
VAN
NYR
NYR
NYR
BUF
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS BONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $83 248 133 $0 $4 832 500 $-1 748 133 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
NYR
Kreider, Chris
4 625 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 1
NYR
Zibanejad, Mika
5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
NYR
Buchnevich, Pavel
3 500 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 2
NYR
Panarin, Artemi
11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 7
OTT
Anisimov, Artem
4 550 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
NYR
Kakko, Kaapo
925 000 $
AD
RFA - 3
NYR
Chytil, Filip
894 166 $
AG, C
RFA - 2
NYR
Howden, Brett
863 333 $
C
RFA - 2
NYR
Fast, Jesper
1 850 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
NYR
Lemieux, Brendan
1 250 000 $
AG, AD
RFA
NYR
Andersson, Lias
894 166 $
C, AG
RFA - 2
NYR
Lettieri, Vinni
1 000 000 $
C, AD
RFA - 1
NYR
Di Giuseppe, Phillip
700 000 $
AG
RFA - 1
NYR
Nieves, Cristoval
700 000 $
C, AG
RFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
NYR
Skjei, Brady
5 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
NYR
Trouba, Jacob
8 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
NYR
Lundqvist, Henrik
8 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 2
NYR
Shattenkirk, Kevin
6 650 000 $
DD
NMC NTC
UFA - 2
NYR
Fox, Adam
925 000 $
DD
RFA - 3
NYR
Georgiev, Alexandar
792 500 $
G
RFA - 1
NYR
Shattenkirk, Kevin
1 750 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
NYR
Deangelo, Anthony
1 500 000 $
DD
RFA
NYR
Staal, Marc
5 700 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 2
Claesson, Fredrik
700 000 $
DG
UFA

Unités spéciales

Avantage numérique 1
Kreider, C.
Zibanejad, M.
Kakko, K.
Panarin, A.
Shattenkirk, K.
Avantage numérique 2
Chytil, F.
Anisimov, A.
Buchnevich, P.
Skjei, B.
Deangelo, A.
Infériorité numérique 1
Kreider, C.
Zibanejad, M.
Skjei, B.
Trouba, J.
Infériorité numérique 2
Howden, B.
Fast, J.
Staal, M.
Shattenkirk, K.

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 jui à 7h11
Rejoint: jan 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 134
2 cap dumps and a worse C for a player that OTT clearly likes + a pick. Glad to see you've thought about OTT's needs. SMH
22 jui à 7h32
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: jui 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 5,371
I would think the Sens jump on that trade. Namestikov with his expiring contract can be traded at TDL. Strome...he's certainly serviceable for a year, and Smith servicable for two years.
Anisinov certainly isn't anything special. At this point is much better than Strome?
Spanky227 a aimé ceci.
22 jui à 8h56
Tspky
Rejoint: fév 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 510
Quoting: mytduxfan
2 cap dumps and a worse C for a player that OTT clearly likes + a pick. Glad to see you've thought about OTT's needs. SMH

Quoting: palhal
I would think the Sens jump on that trade. Namestikov with his expiring contract can be traded at TDL. Strome...he's certainly serviceable for a year, and Smith servicable for two years.
Anisinov certainly isn't anything special. At this point is much better than Strome?

There is really one cap dump here.. smith.

Namestnikov is a bit overpayed yes, but is hardly a cap dump. Responsible player in all three zones that plays all three forward positions (and has had success in expanded roles, albeit that was on Tampa with Stammer and Kuch) is exactly the kind of reclamation project that is attractive to Ottawa. He's only signed for one more year and if he does have a mini break out type year, they'll potentially get more than a 4th rounder for him at the deadline. If he doesn't, they could retain 2m and get a 4th rounder for him at the deadline so it's really a wash.

In terms of strome, I wouldn't want to get rid of him for Anisimov. I think strome will have a better year. A fair deal would be a 4th for Nams and Smith (they can buy out smith for a limited price for penny pinching melnyk)

Panarin-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Andersson-Fast

that's a very good forward group, possibly switch andersson and howden as i think andersson will come into training camp with a mission.
22 jui à 19h10
Quoting: Spanky227
There is really one cap dump here.. smith.

Namestnikov is a bit overpayed yes, but is hardly a cap dump. Responsible player in all three zones that plays all three forward positions (and has had success in expanded roles, albeit that was on Tampa with Stammer and Kuch) is exactly the kind of reclamation project that is attractive to Ottawa. He's only signed for one more year and if he does have a mini break out type year, they'll potentially get more than a 4th rounder for him at the deadline. If he doesn't, they could retain 2m and get a 4th rounder for him at the deadline so it's really a wash.

In terms of strome, I wouldn't want to get rid of him for Anisimov. I think strome will have a better year. A fair deal would be a 4th for Nams and Smith (they can buy out smith for a limited price for penny pinching melnyk)

Panarin-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Strome-Kakko
Chytil-Howden-Kravtsov
Lemieux-Andersson-Fast

that's a very good forward group, possibly switch andersson and howden as i think andersson will come into training camp with a mission.

Ok, strictly speaking, Namestnikov probably would be kept around if you weren't in cap trouble. So, yeah, he's not a "cap dump" based on the true definition of the word. However, he's being moved to get cap. It's a similar process to cap dumping, but I appreciate there are some distinct differences with Namestnikov's case.

Anyway, to address your point. Namestnikov is more than a bit overpaid. You can get what you just described from players for half that cap hit. He's also a flight risk. He's a UFA after this year and coming off a juicy contract he isn't worth. What happens if at the end of the season he turns to OTT management and asks for 4 X 4M? If they say "no", he bails and they've given up assets for nothing. Meanwhile, if the whole league says "no", he bails to the KHL. He's too risky. Namestnikov is the type of player you add to a deal for Kreider to bring his cost down. I don't see anyone showing any real interest in him and certainly not giving up assets for him.

Anisimov is the better player, but Strome is younger and cheaper. Meh! Your choice.

IMO, Namestnikov and Smith both have negative value. NYR is going to have to pay to dump them both. I don't think OTT touches this. Wouldn't be shocked if OTT turned around and asked for a 1st round pick from NYR to take them both. I mean, it's 8.3M. That's more than Marleau and CAR got a 1st. Sorry, don't see it.
23 jui à 8h35
Tspky
Rejoint: fév 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 510
Quoting: mytduxfan
Ok, strictly speaking, Namestnikov probably would be kept around if you weren't in cap trouble. So, yeah, he's not a "cap dump" based on the true definition of the word. However, he's being moved to get cap. It's a similar process to cap dumping, but I appreciate there are some distinct differences with Namestnikov's case.

Anyway, to address your point. Namestnikov is more than a bit overpaid. You can get what you just described from players for half that cap hit. He's also a flight risk. He's a UFA after this year and coming off a juicy contract he isn't worth. What happens if at the end of the season he turns to OTT management and asks for 4 X 4M? If they say "no", he bails and they've given up assets for nothing. Meanwhile, if the whole league says "no", he bails to the KHL. He's too risky. Namestnikov is the type of player you add to a deal for Kreider to bring his cost down. I don't see anyone showing any real interest in him and certainly not giving up assets for him.

Anisimov is the better player, but Strome is younger and cheaper. Meh! Your choice.

IMO, Namestnikov and Smith both have negative value. NYR is going to have to pay to dump them both. I don't think OTT touches this. Wouldn't be shocked if OTT turned around and asked for a 1st round pick from NYR to take them both. I mean, it's 8.3M. That's more than Marleau and CAR got a 1st. Sorry, don't see it.

Namestnikov doesn't have negative value.. He's deadline trade bait, which as stated ottawa could recoup more than the 4th they gave up to get him. Smith's buyout is only 1m,3m,<1,<1.. as opposed to marleaus 6.5 this season. Considering rangers could probably get a 3rd rounder for Namestnikov (vesey got a 3rd rounder and Names is the better player and only costs 1m more) the deal is workable. I honestly would give Namestnikov for free if they took on smith, but if no smith, it'll be a 3rd round pick
23 jui à 10h52
Quoting: Spanky227
Namestnikov doesn't have negative value.. He's deadline trade bait, which as stated ottawa could recoup more than the 4th they gave up to get him. Smith's buyout is only 1m,3m,<1,<1.. as opposed to marleaus 6.5 this season. Considering rangers could probably get a 3rd rounder for Namestnikov (vesey got a 3rd rounder and Names is the better player and only costs 1m more) the deal is workable. I honestly would give Namestnikov for free if they took on smith, but if no smith, it'll be a 3rd round pick

Ok, I disagree. We all know that Gorton is actively trying to move out cap. If he was offered a 3rd round pick for Namestnikov, he'd have been moved already. I mean, are you seriously suggesting that someone has offered at 5th or 6th round pick and Gorton is holding out for a better deal? Come on!

IMO, I don't think any teams are showing interest in any of NYR's overpaid players, even with retention. That would explain why Kreider is also being shopped. I don't think moving Kreider is NYR's preferred option, but, if Gorton can't even give away players like Namestnikov and Smith and is unwilling to give up assets to move them, moving out a desirable player in Kreider is his only option. Obviously Gorton will want to maximise the return on Kreider, hence the stalemate.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Supprimer une option
Insérer les équipes de la LNH
Soumettre le sondage