Forums/NHL Signings

Pittsburgh Penguins signed Joseph Cramarossa (1 Year / $650,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 fév à 11h25
Joseph Cramarossa has signed a new contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
CONTRAT STANDARD
COMPARER CE CONTRAT
DURÉE: 1 ANNÉE
STATUT À L’ÉCHÉANCE DU CONTRAT: RFA
CONTRAT SIGNÉ AVEC: Penguins de PittsburghPenguins de Pittsburgh
VALEUR: 650 000 $
% DU C.H. : 0,82
DATE DE SIGNATURE: 21 février 2019
SOURCE: CapFriendly
SAISONCLAUSECAP HIT AAV BONIS DE PERF. BONIS DE SIGN. SALAIRE DE BASE SALAIRE TOTAL SALAIRE DES LIGUES MINEURES
2018-19650 000 $650 000 $0 $0 $650 000 $650 000 $200 000 $
TOTAL650 000 $650 000 $0 $0 $650 000 $650 000 $200 000 $
21 fév à 15h28
Rejoint: avr 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Cramarossa has been on an AHL deal and playing for the WB-Scranton Penguins the past 2 seasons. Having recently traded 2 centres for 1 (and a half, I suppose, in Bjugstad) in return this just provides emergency depth up the middle. It’s only for the duration of this season so nothing lost really, and in the AHL he’s likely not making much more than he was on his AHL-only deal (tho we can never know for sure as those deals aren’t made public usually). ??‍♀️

If anything, I think this deal is about the WB-Scranton team who are in a tight playoff race in the Atlantic Division at the moment. This basically prevents other organizations from poaching him and adding them to their team for the AHL stretch run.
22 fév à 17h15
Sensible Commentary
Rejoint: jui 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 227
Quoting: rebecca
Cramarossa has been on an AHL deal and playing for the WB-Scranton Penguins the past 2 seasons. Having recently traded 2 centres for 1 (and a half, I suppose, in Bjugstad) in return this just provides emergency depth up the middle. It’s only for the duration of this season so nothing lost really, and in the AHL he’s likely not making much more than he was on his AHL-only deal (tho we can never know for sure as those deals aren’t made public usually). ??‍♀️

If anything, I think this deal is about the WB-Scranton team who are in a tight playoff race in the Atlantic Division at the moment. This basically prevents other organizations from poaching him and adding them to their team for the AHL stretch run.
I don't think that last part's a thing, just because the player has signed a contract, period. NHL contracts don't magically void AHL contracts like that; contracts, in general, are still legally binding, so I'm pretty sure you can't just get out of it just because another organization's trying to entice you with a better offer.

I read this as more "assuming the Penguins make the playoffs, they don't have to deal with salary cap limits anymore and can call up whoever they want as a Black Ace, as long as that 'whoever' is on an NHL contract."
22 fév à 19h16
Rejoint: avr 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 86
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
I don't think that last part's a thing, just because the player has signed a contract, period. NHL contracts don't magically void AHL contracts like that; contracts, in general, are still legally binding, so I'm pretty sure you can't just get out of it just because another organization's trying to entice you with a better offer.

It’s happened a couple times this year already, actually. I’m blanking on names but they’ll come to me. Also, see this thread: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/status-of-players-on-ahl-only-contracts.2566635/

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Soumettre les modifications du sondage